Puppy Pre-School Mon 7:15pm
Puppy Pre-School Class
Due to changes in behavior, size and strength as puppies mature, it is important to socialize them with dogs of their similar size and age for safety and so younger puppies are not overwhelmed or injured by larger dogs.
Initial bonding and relationship building through leadership and communication is the basis for creating a confident, mutually respectful and happy lifelong relationship between your family and your puppy. We will teach you how to teach your puppy to be confident and well behaved in your household along with a variety of circumstances and settings. With an emphasis on fun and learning, the following items will be covered in this class:
- Building a foundation for learning – having a plan
- Using rewards (Treats, Toys, Praise)
- House breaking/Potty Training, Crate Training
- Chewing, Biting, Teething
- Confidence and skill building through appropriate socialization
- Basic Manners (Come, Sit, Stay, Loose Leash Walking)
- Feeding & Exercise requirements
- Containment and Safety (House, Car, Yard, Visiting & Vacationing with your dog)
Is Puppy Pre-School for me?
Is your puppy 6 months or younger? If so, this class is for you!
Sit | Down | Stay | Come | Leave it | Loose-leash walking | Anti-jumping
Weekly Time & Location:
This class will run for six sessions on Mondays from 7:15 to 8:10pm, in the Education Center at HSHV. 3100 Cherry Hill Rd., Ann Arbor, MI 48105
You are expected to attend all 6 classes. Refunds will not be given for missed classes.
- March 19 - Orientation Class - Please do not bring your puppy to the first class.
- March 26
- April 2
- April 9
- April 16
- April 23- Puppy Pre School Graduation!
- April 30- Make Up Class if scheduled
Please check your email before coming to each class. Any class cancelations will be sent via email as soon as possible. A make up class will be scheduled for cancelled classes.