Humane Society of Huron Valley: Pets R cool 4 back to school!
All active news articles
Pets R cool 4 back to school!
HSHV has many programs designed for kids to get involved
As kids head back to school next week it’s a perfect time to remind everyone that the Humane Society of Huron Valley has a humane education program that offers a wide-range of opportunities for kids to learn about caring for animals.
Our Humane Education program encourages young people to share their natural affinity for animals. Research has shown that children who are taught kindness towards animals tend to mature into caring, responsible adults. Programs nurture the human/animal bond and instill compassion in children of a variety of ages.
Our programs and presentations include:
- Animal Care Education (A.C.E.) – Classroom presentations that are approximately 45-60 minutes each and are offered Monday through Friday between the hours of 10:00am and 6:00pm. Our humane educator travels to schools to help educate kids in a variety of topics. Lessons can be designed and presented to meet a classroom's current Grade Level expectation in all subject areas.
- Party Animal Birthday Parties for children. Have your next birthday party at HSHV.
- Shelter tours for groups. Groups should be limited to no more than 12 children with at least 2 adults. Please remember when selecting your date to visit that we are currently scheduling at least 2 weeks out.
- Youth programs such as:
- Camp PAWS summer and winter sessions
- Little Paws Story Times for toddlers
- Pets and Pajamas – Friday evening movies nights at HSHV
- Junior Volunteers Club for high school students
For information on all of our humane education programs, please contact our Humane Educator, Karen Patterson, at email@example.com or at (734) 661-3575.
This page was printed on Dec 8, 2013 12:19:51 PM from http://www.hshv.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=8633&news_iv_ctrl=1541.