Top 10 reasons to give to HSHV this Holiday
Your gift will help kittens like Bobcat.
Consider including HSHV in your holiday giving this year.
We at the Humane Society of Huron Valley are completely dependent on
the generosity of people like you to continue our mission to support the
loving, responsible care of every animal in our community. We help over 13,000 animals each year and are committed to the
compassionate and responsible care of all animals in our community. HSHV is 4-Star rated by Charity Navigator and 86 cents from every dollar goes directly to services.
- Trust. HSHV received its third 4-Star Rating from Charity Navigator. This 4-Star Rating means that you can trust that we run efficiently and invest our resources in a wise and prudent manner. Our annual audits also show we are running efficiently and effectively and that we spend 86 cents of every dollar directly on services.
- Mission. We help over 13,000 animals each year in various ways and are committed to the compassionate and responsible care of all animals in our community.
- Leadership. HSHV is committed to innovation, best practices and abiding by the highest standards of professionalism, customer service and care. We are driven by our compassion, courage to stand up for protection of the voiceless, and a commitment to continuously improve and work smarter on behalf of the animals, people and community we serve.
- Accountable and Transparent. One of our mottos is “Do what you say and say what you do.” HSHV has ambitious goals for improving the lives of animals and the people that love them. We carefully and continuously measure the results of our efforts and make sure our supporters know what we are achieving with their contributions.
- Dedication. HSHV has been serving the community since 1896. We have over 700 active volunteers and 80 employees who are dedicated to the protection, healing and rehoming of vulnerable animals.
- Prevention. We offer new prevention and education programs to address the root causes of animal abuse, abandonment, and over-population. HSHV has a Humane Education program, a free Petfood Assistance program, a Harbor program, and is the only humane society in Michigan with a comprehensive Trap, Neuter and Return Program for feral cats.
- Life Saving. HSHV is committed to eliminating the senseless euthanasia of all healthy and treatable companion animals within our community and throughout the state. We have been named Best Animal Shelter two years running for having the highest save rate for a shelter of our kind.
- Being Green. We believe that it is our job to protect mother earth, as well as her inhabitants. Our new facility meets industry leading ecologically friendly standards and is certified by SERF for sustainable practices.
- Need. We receive no state, federal or United Way funding or help from any other animal welfare organization. We are NOT affiliated with the Michigan Humane Society, HSUS or the ASPCA and no other shelter serves our community. Very little corporate or foundation giving is designated toward animals. It is by the means of individual animal lovers that our doors open!
- Love. There is nothing like the unconditional love of an animal. So many of us have had lives made more complete through the companionship of a family pet and want to find a way to give back.