HSHV has dogs, cats, puppies, kittens, rabbits and occasionally, ferrets, guinea pigs and other pets that need caring homes.
We are open daily for adoptions and visitation, with new visitation and adoption meetings ending fifteen minutes before closing. (Please see the bottom of the page for specific hours.)
Our adoption fees include the following services pre-adoption:
- Adoption advice and counseling from trained and friendly animal care staff
- Free identification tag
- Sterilization - spay or neuter
- De-worming and basic vaccinations, including rabies
- Feline Leukemia and FIV test for cats
- Heartworm test and medication/treatment for dogs
- Flea preventative and treatment
- Free microchip I.D.
- Health screening
- Behavior Screening
And these amazing services Post Adoption:
- Access to a FREE Behavior Helpline for the life of your pet
- Discounted initial health exam at the HSHV Veterinary Clinic
- Free 30 days of pet health insurance
- A new companion for your family!
Plus, visit our convenient Paws to Shop store to get everything you need to take home your new friend. All fees and purchases go toward the care of animals in our shelter.