HSHV Community Cat Management Training
If you’ve decided you want to be an advocate for feral cats, HSHV would love to have you attend a Community Cat Training class. (Note: We used to have two different sessions, but now they have been combined into one class!)
In this class, you will learn why HSHV believes that Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) helps reduce the number of free roaming cats, lowers stray intake and euthanasia and creates better, less hostile environments for our community cats. You'll also learn how you can help -- and we need you! (HSHV volunteers and non-volunteers alike are invited to attend this class.)
TNR involves trapping all of the outdoor, free roaming cats in a colony, getting them sterilized, vaccinated for rabies, and ear tipped on their left ear for identification, then returning the cats to their territory. A caretaker continues to provide food and shelter and monitors for any newcomers or other problems.
- Friday, August 11 - 11:30 a.m. - Register for this free training
- Friday, September 15 - 1 p.m. - Register for this free training
- Friday, October 20 - 1 p.m. - Register for this free training
- Friday, November 17 - 1 p.m. - Register for this free training
- Friday, December 15 - 1 p.m. - Register for this free training
Please contact our Community Cat Coordinator at (734) 661-3523 or email email@example.com.