Sign up to Volunteer
Ready to get started? Just 3 easy steps:
- Fill Out Our Volunteer Application — All potential volunteers must be 18 years or older at the time of application to be considered for our volunteer program. (If you are not 18 years or older, please see our amazing Junior Volunteer Program.) Adults can complete the application below or at https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=1268475464. For group volunteer opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend an Interactive, Hands-on Orientation Session — Before you begin volunteering at HSHV, we require that you:
- Schedule an Orientation Session: You'll find the available dates on the application below. We'll send you a confirmation when your application is accepted.
- Attend your scheduled Orientation Session: This will be an informative, hands-on session, so be prepared to get to work. Wear comfortable clothes for indoor work.
- Pay a one-time program fee of $40 at your Orientation Session: $30 of the fee is tax deductible. If this fee is a financial hardship please don't worry. We still want you to join our team! Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at (734) 661-3517 to discuss having this fee waived.
- Commit to Volunteering for a Minimum of 8 Hours a Month — With our flexible hours, you'll be able to tailor your volunteer experience around your schedule.