Please print your receipt from Amazon; this will serve as your donation receipt. Unfortunately, HSHV cannot reproduce Amazon receipts. Thank you!
Or if you're shopping for yourself, please use Amazon Smile, as they'll contribute a portion of your sale to HSHV, at no cost to you!
Items can be dropped off between 9 am and 6 pm, 7 days a week, into our blue donation bin just inside our front door. We regret we are unable to pick-up any personal donations.
Items we always need:
- Gently used or new bath towels (the bigger, the better!)
- Small blankets and pet beds that can be laundered in a normal washing machine
- Pet food in the original bag/can up to 3 months after the expiration date
- Clumping and non-clumping litter
- Canned spray cheese (the dogs love cheddar!)
- Canned dog food (They love the Pedigree yellow cans with ground meat!)
- Waterless pet shampoo, Alcohol (must be 70% CLEAR alcohol - no scent)
- Liquid Vick's Solution (for steam vaporizers)
- Yards of cotton cloth to make dog bandanas
- Lint rollers
- Ziploc bags (gallon size)
- Disposable aluminum roaster pans (20 x 12, 8 x 8 shallow, cake pans)
- Gift cards from places like Amazon.com, pet supply stores, and office supply stores
Items we cannot accept:
Items we need the most
- Cat food:
- Canned cat food (Friskies pate style preferred)
- Royal Canin Mother & Babycat dry cat food
- Royal Canin Babycat Kitten Instinctive Loaf in Sauce canned cat food
- Fancy Feast canned kitten food (whitefish or turkey)
- Baby food - jars of meat only (BeechNut or Gerber preferred, any meat flavor; kittens love it!)
- Canned tuna fish and chicken (small cans)
- Dog food:
- Canned dog food (Pedigree ground meat preferred)
- Dry dog food (in original packaging, can be opened or not, cannot be past 3 months of expiration date, cannot have bugs or rodent waste)
- Scoopable cat litter
- Cat toys - toy mice (withOUT catnip) and anything with a feather!
- Large bath towels - used/discolored ones are fine!
- Spray canned cheese
- Greenies Pill Pockets (all sizes)
- Feliway spray for cats
- Pipe cleaners for kids to use in making cat toys
- "Adopt Me" vests - all sizes, but especially large
- Timothy hay (for rabbits!)
- Kuranda Beds for Dogs & Cats (sizes 25 x 18 and 30 x 20; you can donate a bed to HSHV right from their website!)
- TruCatch Traps for trapping and neutering/spaying community cats
- See through sliding doors for shy/hard to catch community cats
- Large and XL sized dog costumes
- Small mammal enrichment items - Bunny Playground Carrot House and Tulip Trio Chewbies
- Outdoor humane traps - these are on sale through 10/31/16!
- Reptile/Amphibian Vision Cage Model #422 (need 2) & Heat panels - Type PH3 (need 2)
- Dog and cat food in the original unopened bag within 3 months after the expiration date
- Dog and cat food in the original opened bag within 3 months after the expiration date, providing it is free of bugs or rodent waste
- Cans of food will be used in our shelter. Bags of dry food will be used by the shelter to help animals in our community, as well as in our pet food assistance program