The animals need you
Food and medical care cost money, and the animals’ lives depend on it. Whether you’re an individual fundraising on Facebook, or a business sponsoring an HSHV event, we really appreciate your help!
- -Create a Facebook Fundraiser to honor your birthday, anniversary, or everyday desire to help animals! Get creative: send homemade thank-you cards for a donation of $15+, share the story of the animal who inspires you to fundraise, make a donation yourself and ask friends to match it, etc.! You can also post this dog video or this cat video to show your friends the importance of donating.
- Participate in Walk & Wag and Run, our annual event held each May.
- Are you a gamer? Host a livestream fundraiser on Twitch! Contact email@example.com for a custom donation link to give your followers.
- Hold a garage sale and donate the proceeds to HSHV.
Start your own fundraiser
In lieu of Favors
Do you have a wedding or party coming up? Instead of giving your guests almonds, how about donating to HSHV? We’re happy to create your wedding favor cards!
We ask that the donation amount be what you would have spent on favors for your guest. We have a minimum donation amount of $150.
Though you can have any message you like, our standard message is:
Thank you for sharing in our joyous day! In lieu of favors, we have made a donation to the Humane Society of Huron Valley in your name so that homeless pets will be cared for until they find their new homes.
Bride & Groom (some couples also include their pets’ names here, too)
– Check out our Sponsor page for ways to get your workplace involved!
Few things are better for children than learning the joy of helping others!
Raise money for the animals
- Hold a garage sale, bake sale, or car wash and donate the money to HSHV
- Read-a-thon: Collect pledges for the number of pages or books you read in a month
- Collect cans and bottles and deposit money for the animals!
- Sign up for Walk & Wag: FREE registration for youth 15 and under!
Collect gifts or advocate for the animals
- Hold a dog and cat toy drive. See our wish list for ideas.
- Organize a cat litter drive.
- Collect canned dog & cat food.
- Prepare a presentation for your class or scout troop on why adoption is the best way to find a new pet.
- Start an “Animal Advocate” club at school.
- For your next birthday party, ask your guests to bring an HSHV wish list item.
Be creative! Use your imagination to come up with your very own way to help – and let us know what you did!