Affordable, compassionate care that pays it forward
HSHV’s Veterinary Clinic provides high quality, affordable services for just about everything you need to keep your beloved companion animals healthy and happy. And the low fees you pay go right back into helping animals in the shelter!
Our veterinary clinic remains open. Please note changes to our check-in process.
Check-in for Spay/Neuter Surgery: Please leave your pet in the car and come in to entryway vestibule, where there’s an Anesthetic Consent Form on the bench. Return to your car to complete it. At 8 a.m. or when you’re done completing it, call 734-662-4365.
Check-in for Dental or other non-Spay/Neuter Surgery: When you arrive at 8:30 a.m., please call 734-662-4365.
Check-in for vet appointments: When you arrive, please park as close as you can to the building, call 734-662-4365 and stay online for curbside service until we can check you in.
If you are visiting our vet clinic, it is very important you bring your vaccination records as it will be very difficult for us to call and confirm with other clinics at this time. Thank you for your patience and support as we work to provide the best possible care for all the animals in our care!
Please refer to this reference guide if you have questions about testing your pet for Covid-19.
Services & Fees
- Exam – $49
- 1-year Rabies Vaccination** – $25
- 3-year Rabies Vaccination** – $35 (must provide proof of previous vaccination)
- 1-year DHLPP (Distemper w/Lepto) Vaccination* – $25
- 3-year DHLPP (Distemper) Vaccination – $35
- Leptospirosis Vaccination* – $25
- Bordetella Vaccination* – $30
- Influenza Bivalent – $25
- Heartworm Test – $35
- Exam – $49
- 1-year PureVax Rabies Vaccination** – $35 (3 year not available)
- 1-year FVRCP (Distemper) Vaccination* – $25
- 3-year FVRCP (Distemper) Vaccination – $35
- Feline Leukemia Vaccination – $25 (with negative test only)
- Feline PureVax Leukemia Vaccination – $35 (with negative test only)
- FeLV/FIV Test – $35
- Multiple Pet Exams, each additional pet – $34
- Technician Exam (at Veterinarian’s discretion) – $20
- Brief Exam (at Veterinarian’s discretion) – $32
- Fecal Test – $31
* Any vaccination booster visits will be assessed a technician exam fee
** A rabies vaccination must be administered by a veterinarian and requires a routine vet exam (or a recheck exam at vet’s discretion)
Why choose us to spay/neuter your pet?
Our veterinarians perform more than 6,000 spay/neuter surgeries every year. And every one is important; our compassionate clinic staff is devoted to animals and their care. And they’re not in it for the money; we are committed to offering affordable spay/neuter to pet owners, as it’s the right thing for pet overpopulation, and it provides many health benefits for your pet.
How much is spay/neuter surgery?
- Kitten Neuter (<6 months old*) – $60
- Cat Neuter – $80
- Kitten Spay (<6 months old*) – $80
- Cat Spay – $100
- Puppy Neuter (<6 months old*) – $150
- Dog Neuter – $190 (See below for discount for pitbulls)
- Puppy Spay (<6 months old*) – $190
- Dog Spay – $230 (See below for discount for pitbulls)
- Feral Cats – HSHV’s Trap, Neuter and Return Program aims to reduce overpopulation of feral cats, so we have reduced pricing for feral cats spay/neuters. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Pitbulls receive spay/neuter surgery at half price, with DHLPP and Rabies vaccines included at no additional cost. We at HSHV love Pitbulls and want to help them out!
*We offer discounted sterilization prices to pets under six months of age, as the surgery is faster (which means less time under anesthesia for the pet), the recovery period is shorter, and we’d like to encourage spaying/neutering before your pet can reproduce.
What services are included with spay/neuter?
- Pre-surgical physical exam by our veterinarian
- Surgery by our licensed veterinary surgeon, with assistance and animal monitoring by our trained veterinary technicians
- Pain control – anesthetic injection and local block at time of surgery; and post-operative therapeutic laser therapy to promote healing. Dogs also receive pain medication (NSAIDs) to take home.
- No additional fees for obesity or estrus (in heat); cryptorchid surgery (for undescended testicles) is additional
- Free nail trim
What additional services are required if needed at time of spay/neuter?
- Core vaccinations (FVRCP and Rabies vaccines for cats; DHPP and Rabies vaccines for dogs)
- Heartworm test for dogs if 7 months of age or older
What optional services are available at time of spay/neuter?
- Additional bloodwork (CBC, Chem, Electrolytes; FeLV/FIV test for cats)
- Fecal test
- Optional vaccines (FeLV for cats; Leptospirosis and Bordetella for dogs)
- Umbilical hernia repair and extraction of retained deciduous (baby) teeth
- E-collar (Cone collar)
- Heartworm and flea/tick prevention
Make your spay/neuter appointment today
Sit, stay; we’ll come to you! HSHV Veterinary Clinic offers in-home wellness and end-of-life care in the convenience of your own home. Services performed by our traveling veterinarian + veterinary technician team include:
- Wellness care & vaccinations (i.e., annual check-up, vaccines, heartworm and FeLV/FIV testing, etc.)
- Senior wellness care (i.e., management of arthritis)
- Nail trims, ear cleaning, microchips
- Quality of life consultations and end-of-life care
- Humane euthanasia
Veterinary housecalls are available within a 20-mile radius of the HSHV Veterinary Clinic, and visit fees are based on mileage. Currently, we’re accepting appointments for Tuesdays. New clients welcomed!
Fees for Housecalls
To cover travel expenses and the initial exam for one pet, our fee is based on travel distance.
Housecall travel fees:
- 0-5 miles from HSHV – $70
- 6-10 miles from HSHV – $90
- 10-15 miles from HSHV – $105
- 16-20 miles from HSHV – $120
- Areas beyond 20 miles from HSHV are not eligible for housecall service
Multiple pets require added exam fees. Additional fees for euthanasia are below, and other clinic services will be provided at current in-clinic prices.
Housecall euthanasia fees (in addition to above travel fee):
(under 40 lbs)
(Over 81 lbs)
|Leave in home||$115||$115||$125||$155|
To help keep animals with their families by helping keep veterinary care affordable, we offer monthly low cost vaccination clinics (“lcvc” for short!). There’s no exam fee. Make an appointment on our website. Wellness vaccines along with heartworm, flea and tick preventative medications are offered at discount prices. See prices and dates here.
For both dogs and cats, the cost to microchip is $30
Making a choice to humanely end a life can be one of the toughest, but necessary decisions for an animal who no longer has a good quality of life. Our staff is here to help you during this difficult time.
If you are unsure about the quality of life your pet is experiencing, please make an appointment for an examination and consultation with us. If your animal is seriously ill or suffering and you have reached a decision for humane euthanasia, please call us for an appointment.
We offer humane euthanasia for your pet in your home or in our clinic, and several different options for cremation services. All services are by appointment only so that we can ensure we can allow you space and time for mourning. Prices are affordable and range depending on the services requested.
If you wish, you can download and complete the request for euthanasia form at home and bring it with you.
Just like humans, domestic dogs and cats need regular check-ups. Their mouths are perfect incubators for all kinds of bacteria. And did you know that proper dental care can extend the life of your companion animal for 3-5 years? It can also improve their breath!
HSHV offers affordable dental care. Please call us for more information or to schedule a dental consultation.
Laser therapy accelerates the body’s own healing process by stimulating cellular activity. It’s drug-free, surgery-free, and non-invasive. Using a laser light to penetrate muscles, tendons and ligaments, we can promote healing within. Though there’s no sedation, pets often fall asleep during treatment, as the laser light is slightly warm and the animals find their therapeutic sessions calming.
Laser therapy has been scientifically proven successful in treating many acute and chronic conditions including:
- Arthritis and sore joints
- Back injuries
- Sprains and Strains
- Chronic ear infections
- Repairing wounds
- Post-surgical healing
Applications typically take 5-15 minutes, depending on the size of your animal and the area being treated. Treatments initiate a healing process that continues to reduce inflammation for up to 24 hours after treatment. Multiple sessions are usually recommended, though pets often show results within 1 day their first treatment. Pets (and humans) are fitted with protective eye gear, and all treatments are performed by a trained technician.
| One location
such as incision
| Two locations
e.g., both hips
|Package of 5 + 1 FREE||$200 (~$33 ea)||$250 ($42 ea)||$300 ($50 ea)|
From routine bloodwork and fecal tests to digital X-ray and more complex diagnostics, we have myriad tools to see what’s happening inside your pet to help both of us make the best decisions.
Nail trim & anal gland expression are performed by our veterinary technicians. For current clients (seen at our site by a vet within a year and up-to-date on Rabies vaccines) only. Nail trim fees are based on difficulty and amount of restraint necessary. Ask for a punch card, and you can earn a free one!
- Nail Trim – $15 to $30
- Anal Gland Expression – $25
Get your prescriptions, food and more delivered right to your home! HSHV has partnered with Midwest Veterinary Supply to get you the items you need to keep your companion animals healthy and happy. Prices are competitive, shipping is often free, and best of all — all proceeds go back into the shelter to help our community’s homeless animals! Go to hshv.org/vetstore.
Meet our Veterinarians
The veterinarians at Humane Society of Huron Valley do it all, and with a lot of heart! They provide care for over 12,000 animals a year, both beloved family pets and homeless animals throughout Washtenaw County. These compassionate, diversely-skilled, and experienced licensed veterinarians choose to dedicate their time to helping animals in need through their profession.
Buy your pet supplies and support HSHV!
Humane Society of Huron Valley Veterinary Clinic
3100 Cherry Hill Rd
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
If you have an emergency, please call or go to the nearest animal emergency clinic.
Monday-Friday: 9 am to 7 pm
(Surgery drop-off: 8 am)
Saturday & Sunday: 9 am to 4 pm
Appointments only – no walk-ins accepted
Now offering housecalls, too!
To ensure the highest quality care for all clients, if you are more than 10 minutes late for your appointment, you may be asked to reschedule or a $15 late fee will apply and you may have to wait.
You like us!
News & Resources
- The first case of Canine Influenza in Michigan this year …
- This is a common question many ask themselves this time …
- Know a dog, cat… or person who doesn’t like going …
- Adapted from the ASPCA Your female dog or cat will live …
- Adapted from the MSPCA and revised by the ASPCA’s Companion …
- Upper Respiratory Infections in cats are caused by a complex …
- Kennel cough is a highly contagious yet common canine disease …
- Fleas are one of the most common external parasites of …