Join us on May 21, 2016!
The Humane Society of Huron Valley's 37th Annual Walk & Wag and Run: a dog walk, run, and all-around-fun day! Have friends and family sponsor you, bring your dog and have a ball. At 9:00 a.m., the 5K run starts, and you can stroll the 1-mile fun walk at anytime during the event if you wish! Here's a map of the park, list of activities, and schedule of events!
May 21, 2016. Rain or shine from 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Rolling Hills Park, Ypsilanti, MI . 7660 Stony Creek Rd, Ypsilanti, MI. Map it!
Register, then ask friends and family to sponsor you! We ask all participants to raise a minimum of $50 beyond the registration fee. Looking for creative ways to get support? Check out our Fundraising Tips. Prefer fundraising offline? Use our fundraising form, then bring your donations to the event.
In addition to helping the animals, you can win one-of-a-kind milestone prizes based on the amount of fundraising you do. Check out these great incentives!
Registration fees help us pay for the event and make certain donations go further to help the animals. Your fee includes entry to the event, lunch, games, and activities throughout the day. Fees are as follows:
- Walker: $30
- Runner: $50
- Cat-Napper (not-attending on May 21 but want to fundraise!): $30
Online registration is now CLOSED, but you can still register at the event! Registration opens at 8 a.m. on Saturday and is open all day. Please come to the pavilion when you get to the park!
Raffle tickets are on sale now. Enter for a chance to win $1,000 cash, 4 suite tickets to a Detroit Tiger regular season home game, and a $100 Pet Supplies Plus gift card. Tickets are $5 each or 5 for $20. You can buy your tickets 7 days a week at HSHV or call (734) 661-3536. Click here for a complete list of Raffle Prizes.
For the Walkers
- Remember: you DO NOT need to walk to participate.
- IF YOU REGISTERED ONLINE: Report to the registration table when you arrive. We can take additional donations at that time. OR you can check-in early at HSHV on Friday, May 20 from 4-7 p.m.! Get your parking pass here.
- IF YOU DID NOT REGISTER ONLINE: Bring your registration fee and any funds raised to the registration table the day of the event.
- All donations must be submitted by May 21, 2016 to count toward your fundraising goal.
- Checks should be made payable to the Humane Society of Huron Valley.
- An adult must accompany all children under the age of 14.
- Dogs will receive a bandana, and they are welcome to walk, too, of course! Please see the rules below about dogs.
For the Runners
- IF YOU REGISTERED ONLINE: Check in at the Registration Pavilion no later than 8:30 a.m. OR you can check-in early at HSHV on Friday, May 20 from 4-7 p.m.! Get your parking pass here.
- IF YOU DID NOT REGISTER ONLINE: Register at the Registration Pavilion no later than 8:15 a.m.
- This is a timed 5K run.
- Male and female runners with best overall time (and within each age bracket) will receive prizes. Winners will be announced and time will be posted after the race.
- Dogs will receive a bandana, and they are welcome to run, too, of course! Limit one dog per runner. All dogs must be at least 1 year old, up-to-date on vaccinations, and well-behaved around people and other dogs. You dog must be on a non-retractable leash at all times. Leashes should be no longer than 6 feet to avoid entanglement with other runners.
For All Dogs
- All dogs must wear a collar and be on leash at all times.
- All dogs must be current on vaccinations.
- Sorry; no dogs in heat.
- Owners are responsible for the behavior of their dogs.
- Participants are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs. Waste bags are available for easy clean up.
Other Questions? Check out some of the frequently asked questions.
5k Run Check-In Opens (or check-in early on Friday 4-7pm at HSHV!)
5k Race Begins
1-Mile Walk Kicks Off and Activities Open
Performance by the Rock N Roll K9's
10:30 am - 12:30 pm
Lunch by Maiz Mexican Cantina
Bearclaw Coffee Truck
Best pet trick contest
Top Fundraiser Awards Announced