Before Surgery Instructions
- You must have an appointment. Please call (888) HSHV-FIX to schedule your pet for surgery. Or you can request an appointment online.
- We recommend that you have your pet vaccinated for rabies and distemper. All animals are required to be current on rabies and distemper vaccines. If not, vaccines will be updated at time of surgery. Please bring vaccine history with you at the time of your appointment.
- All adult animals must have food withdrawn the night before surgery at 12:00 midnight. Animals 4 months or younger may have food until 6:00 a.m. the morning of surgery.
- Check-in time is at 8:00 a.m. prompt. Doors open at 8:00 a.m.. If you arrive after the designated time we may not be able to admit your pet for surgery and could ask you to reschedule. We have a very strict surgical schedule that must be followed.
- Please leave your animal in the car until you have completed all of the required paperwork. A technician will advise you when to retrieve your pet.
- You must complete the necessary admission form when you arrive. You may stop by the clinic prior to your pets’ scheduled surgery day and pick up the paperwork to save time the morning of your appointment. You can also download and fill out the Sterilization Admission Form (PDF) ahead of time. Admission typically takes 10-20 minutes to complete.
- All dogs must be on a leash and all cats must be in a carrier.
- We only accept cash, checks or credit cards. Payment is due at the time of check-in.
- Cats are released at 4:15 p.m., Dogs are released at 2:15 p.m.. Please be on time for pick up as we will give valuable post-operative instructions to everyone as a group.
- We do not board pets.