Planning for the future is one of the most loving things we can do for our companion animals. HSHV’s Continuing Care program provides a bright future for animals whose parents predecease them. Animals enrolled in the program are placed with new families looking to adopt.
Enrolling your pet(s) is easy.
- Create free will or trust, or work with an estate planning professional to create one for you.
- Name family members, friends, or the Humane Society of Huron Valley as the guardian of your pet(s) upon your death or permanent incapacity.
- Name the Humane Society of Huron Valley as a beneficiary of your will, trust, life insurance, or retirement accounts in any amount. Complete our Declaration of Intent or provide a copy of the pertinent pages to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the dog or cat profiles for each of your animals. These forms are available by contacting email@example.com or 734-661-3525. This information will help us provide your pet(s) with the best possible new home. Forms can be updated at any time.
- Keep a copy of the animal profiles with your will or trust and inform your executor or trustee of the program.