Thanks to successful intake prevention programs and community support for adoption, along with grants and wonderful donors, HSHV is able to transport animals — often puppies! — from struggling rescues and shelters with high euthanasia rates to HSHV via the Love Train.
Please join the Love Train email list for the latest information. Thank you!
Thank you for considering adopting and saving a life! If you’re interested in adopting, please get in the virtual queue on a Love Train Friday (see dates on this page). Starting at 9 a.m., the virtual queue will open; go to https://v2.waitwhile.com/welcome/humanesocietyofhuron2
Once you’re in the virtual queue, you can see your place in line, and we’ll also notify you when it’s your turn to visit the puppies that day.
Visitations on Love Train days happen every half hour between 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. Be prepared to adopt the same day! 🙂 We’d suggest you complete a dog adoption application (profile, really) online beforehand. Hope to see you on a Love Train Friday!
Often, puppies are on the Love Train! And sometimes young adult dogs and even cats. We try to post a selection of the animals who will be onboard on our Facebook page and you can get email notifications with even more photos, too. Fortunately, most of the animals are adopted very quickly so sometimes they’re only on our website for a minute!
When our animals go home, they’ve received an initial health check and have been spayed/neutered, microchipped, current on vaccinations (as appropriate to their age) and have received their initial dewormer — and kittens and cats have been Feline Leukemia tested, and dogs have been heartworm tested and temperament tested. Compare us to a pet store or a breeder; it’s a good deal to adopt from HSHV!
Adoption fees not only cover the above services, but also offset the cost of caring for the animals prior to being adopted. For Love Train animals, their fees also help offset transportation costs. Thank you for your adoption fee!
- Puppies (under 6 months old) – $355
- Small Breed Adult Dogs (6 months to 8 years) – $290
- Medium-Large Breed Adult Dogs (6 months to 8 years) – $205
- Senior Dogs (any size, 8 years or older) – $105
- Kittens (up to 5 months) – $140
- Cats (5 months to 12 years) – $100
- Senior Cats (12 years or older) – $50
Thank you for asking! We depend upon donations to keep the Love Train going full steam ahead to save more lives. There are several ways to help:
- Sponsor a litter of puppies! For $500, you can help save a family of innocent puppies. We’ll send you information about the litter you’re sponsoring, and you’ll get to name the puppies! We’ll also send you pictures when the pups get to HSHV and invite you to the Facebook group so that you can potentially connect with the adopters and fosters. To get started, head here.
- Sponsor an entire van full of animals! For $2,500 you can sponsor a Love Train transport which includes a sign on the Love Train, and an opportunity to greet all the puppies upon their arrival, among other benefits! To inquire about sponsoring a Love Train transport, please contact Cathy Pappas at (734) 661-3531, email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete this form to begin your lifesaving gift.
First, thank you for adopting! We’d love to stay connected. Head to Facebook and join the group “HSHV’s Love Train”. There, you’ll see other Love Train-ers – adopters, fosters, partners… and potentially others who know your animal or who know your animal’s sibling!
Expected dates to see Love Train animals are:
Friday, October 28
Friday, November 11
Friday, November 18
Friday, December 9
Friday, December 16
Friday, January 13, 2023
Friday, January 27
Friday, February 10
Friday, February 24
Friday, March 10
Friday, March 24
Friday, April 7
Friday, April 21
Friday, May 5
Friday, June 2
Friday, June 16
Friday, June 30
Friday, July 14
Friday, July 28
Friday, August 11
Friday, August 25
Friday, September 8
Friday, September 22
Friday, October 6
Friday, October 20
Friday, November 3
Friday, November 17
Friday, December 1